The Pilea peperomioides have many common names and may also be referred to as the Chinese money plant, coin plant, pancake plant, and UFO plant. It has thick and glossy round, coin-sized leaves. It is now one of the most admired houseplants. Though it is an easy plant to keep alive, here are some things you should know before buying it.
- The right spot – pilea can be kept in front of a north or east-facing window as it needs a lot of bright indirect light. Direct sunlight might stress the leaves.
- You won’t need to re-pot the plant – leave your pilea plant in the same container as it can stay there for over a year. Re-potting the plant right after you buy it can stress the plant.
- Safe for pets and 100% non-toxic – pileas are safe and non-toxic for your pets.
- Pilea is a true “baby-maker” – as long as pilea is strong and healthy, it will keep making sprouts and keep growing. You can cut off those little plantlets and propagate them.
- Each pilea is unique – they grow differently even if you take care of it the same. You cannot control the way it grows, so don’t worry much about it.