Plants That Are Poisonous to Dogs and Cats
This one’s for our perennial, infinitely adorable animal buddies! One can draw parallels with taking care of an infant when it comes down to describing exactly how taking care of a dog or cat works. It is quite a responsibility, and it is important that one is cognisant of the dangers that loom, the sort that your pet’s innocent, wonder-filled eyes wouldn’t be able to make out on their own. Here are some plants that are poisonous to dogs and cats.
- Cannabis – it is one of the most common plants toxic to both dogs and cats. Ingestion of this plant by your pets will cause them to suffer from tremors, seizures, drooling, depression, and coma.
- Lilies – they are fatal to cats and highly toxic. Some types of lilies are fatal to dogs too. Ingestion of lilies causes vomiting, loss of appetite, stomach pain, kidney failure, and multiple organ failure.
- Aloe vera – is mildly toxic to dogs and cats. Ingestion of aloe vera by cats and dogs will cause vomiting, diarrhoea, lethargy, depression, anorexia, and a change in urine color.
- Ivy – the various varieties of ivy plants are moderately toxic to cats and dogs. Ingestion of ivy by cats and dogs will cause mouth and stomach irritation, excessive drooling, foaming at the mouth, swelling of the mouth, vomiting, and diarrhoea.
- Rhododendrons – is poisonous to both cats and dogs. Ingestion of its leaves leads to heart failure, coma, and death.
Leave a comment