It sounds uncomplicated enough. You just want to bring your plant friends inside – what could go wrong? Well, here’s where the bugs would like to have a word with you. Plants tend to attract aplenty, and you could find yourself and your plant friends in the middle of a bug-o-calypse if you don’t do your due diligence. Here’s how you can bring your plants inside without bringing the bugs along.
- Fill a large tub with water and mix a few drops of mild liquid soap into it.
- Soak the plant into this mixture for 15-20 minutes. The soapy water will help in killing the bugs.
- Before removing the plants from the tub, skim the waste off the top layer of the water.
- Take the plants out of the tub and brush the pots and clean them well.
- Rinse the whole plant along with the pot to remove all the dirt and the soap on it.
- Make sure you dry the pots well before bringing them indoors.