Top 5 Super Cool Plants for Your Home Garden
It’s a new year brimming with new possibilities, and so it’s time to add some glamour and zing to that garden of yours. The garden is essentially a space that gives you positive vibes, and so it is imperative that you grow your plant family. Here are some cool plants you can plant.
- Rose grape – it’s an epiphyte. It doesn’t have big and strong roots. The leaves of this plant can grow up to 20 to 30cms. The unique part of this plant is its square stems. Keep spraying the plant as it likes to be in a humid place. Make sure it has acidic and moist soil.
- Begonias – they grow 1 to 2 feet tall. These are annual plants and require to be replanted every year. Begonias can be grown from seeds or bulbs. It is easy to grow begonias from bulbs. Requires bright indirect sunlight and well-draining soil that is slightly acidic. Make sure you water this plant only if it’s dry.
- Nerve plants – it is called the nerve plant as the leaves have bright colored nerve-like waning patterns. Tiny flowers grow on this plant. Thrives well in shady spots and terrariums. Make sure the soil is kept moist but not soggy.
- Moon cactus – the moon cactus has to be always grafted onto a base plant such as a Hylocereus. It is important to do so as the moon cactus does not have chlorophyll. It lasts for about 3 to 4 years. Requires filtered sunlight and needs watering only when the soil is dry.
- Mother of thousands – it is a succulent – with fleshy leaves that have a tinge of red outline. Its babies can be seen all along the border of the leaves. These fall on the soil and start developing into plants. Requires indirect sunlight. It is a drought-prone plant and hence can survive in dry conditions.
Leave a comment