Owing to their therapeutic and even medicinal qualities, many people tend to gardens and even maintain indoor gardens. Plants are known to improve the air quality of the vicinity they occupy and have been known to help people with allergies and respiratory conditions like asthma. Here’s a list of plants one can go for.
- Peace Lily – thrives well indoors. They are one of the best plants for purifying toxins like formaldehyde, trichloroethylene, and benzene in the air. Make sure you water it once a week. The air purification quality of peace lilies keeps improving as it grows.
- Red-Edged Dracaena – it’s a low-maintenance plant, with the only requirements of direct sunlight and less water. This plant is known for purifying the air by absorbing formaldehyde.
- Snake plant – another low maintenance plant that requires low sunlight. Known for purifying the air by absorbing toxins like formaldehyde, benzene, nitrogen oxide, xylene, and trichloroethylene. Also a good option for decorating any area of your house.
- English Ivy – a low maintenance plant that requires a constant temperature. Known for purifying the air by absorbing toxins like formaldehyde, xylene, and toluene.
- Spider plant – one of the best houseplants for removing formaldehyde from the air. Also known as the best plant for purifying the air around your house.